Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Trips to Indiana Apparently Make Me Wax Poetic


After reading that title, I suggest you take this opportunity to quit reading now....
Still here? Don't say I didn't warn you.























Boys
Boys will be boys.
They bangs on thei' toys
and makes lots of noise.
Thei' clothes they destroys
cuz mud they enjoys.
They makes plots and ploys.
They trucks in convoys.
I just can't disgoys
that they are my joys;
my boys who are boys.









I figure you can either react to grass stains with a scrub brush, despair, or poetry.


Borage
Bee's borage hot.
Bee's borage cold.
Bee's borage in October
still bright and bold.

I am going to plant Borage in my garden next year. Apparently, it is a good companion for tomatoes and strawberries. But mostly, it just looks really rad.

Alice
Okie, okie, Tiny Monkey,
go on; scamper free!
Alice do it!
Alice have it!
Tomato for me?
Thank you! Chase me!
Daddy: rain!
High up in the sky!
It's your world, Monkey Girl,
Flitting Butterfly.




It didn't take Alice long to figure out the right way to handle Charlie.
I predicted when my wonderful niece was born that she would be three before I got to meet her. But she's almost two, so we beat the odds by more than a year. I love you, Monkey Girl! You are a total delight! You be good to your mama. She is the World's Best Mom, and a lovely gem of a sister-in-law. My brother is a lucky sonuvaduck.
Thoughts of a Dog
The indescribable cruelty of humans
who lay blankets
on which I am forbidden
in the grass on which
to eat food which I am denied
in front of me.
I will go lie down in the shade.
This is a tribute to beloved dogs still with us and beloved dogs gone on before. No, you still can't have my bacon. Go lie down.

B'bye now.

P.S. If anyone knows anything about other blog engines... I have just about decided that I hate  Blogger so badly as to make the effort of moving to another site worth the effort. Anyone intimately acquainted with any other lovely free blog hosts?

No comments: