Saturday, May 29, 2010

A Week at the Holler In Pictures

Gratuitous nature photography:
The Estimable Pearson boys... and Amish laundry.
Common Blue Butterfly
This is called Blue Eyed Grass. Isn't it adorable?
Meadowhawk dragonfly rests on Charlie's shorts.
 Below and to the right, my fence post rose is behemoth this year.


Above Left: Abraham calls these "itties" and it is a miracle any of them have learned to walk, as much as both boys like to carry them around.
Potato Beetle is not very adept at hiding on my flip-flop.
Cardinal eyes me to decide if I'm a threat before visiting the feeder.
Some kind of Angle-Winged Butterfly, Comma variety, just hanging out.
Red Admiral butterfly is such a poser. And don't I have cute elbows?
Rough-fruited Cinquefoil... why do botonists give things such arduous names?
Star Chickweed.
Heaven is going to be a grassy meadow full of little boys running around in daisies.
Opportunistic moss on my wash line pole.
Proof that fairies are cliff-dwellers.
Butterfly says, "I am a piece of debris. Quit looking at me!"
Kitten laughs at feeble human's attempts to catch him.
Fritillary resting in the road.
Six-spotted Tiger Beetle is very pretty, and very very fast. I got sooooo lucky when I shot this picture.
Deptford Pink (Wild Dianthus) peeks out from under Milkweed.
Like falling off a log...
Cabbage butterfly meets untimely end, but what a cool pose!
Charlie caught a pond frog (and then another and then another) at Robert and Linda's Red Roof Inn, then decided it would like to live in a hanging fern. Evidently, he was right.
Toad says, "Do you ever get the feeling you're being watched?"
Owlet Moth has gorgeous mahogany colored wings.
Virgin Tiger Moth likes to have his picture taken.
Holy cow! Have you ever seen the movie Pitch Black? Plume Moth will eat your soul...
Walnut Sphynx came to visit me at the kitchen window when I was doing dishes at 2 AM.
Good night from the Holler. Every day here is a sweet dream.

No comments: