Thursday, June 14, 2012

As A General Rule, I Don't Quote Country Music...

But there is a song on the radio right at the moment that's making it so I can't help myself, because it so completely makes me think of home. Yes, indeed, you cross a creek at one end of my road, and I can definitely think of a couple of little shacks. Crickets: check. Frogs: check. But best of all, when the Mark Haley folk are partying, you're likely to hear a banjo.

You gotta go deep  
Way on back  
Cross a few creeks  


















And a couple little shacks


















You gotta get lost 
Way on out  
Crickets and frogs 
Yeah you're gettin' close now 
And you kick it into four wheel drive when you run out of road 
And you go, and you go and you go-go-go  
'Til you hear a banjo

...And you might, incidentally, see colorful bugs and... a peacock!?
Yeah... That's where I live.

No comments: