Thursday, June 28, 2012

The Sentient Dragonfly


Further proof that dragonflies are sentient creatures: the green ones who are so elusive at the pond decided to send me an emissary. Emboldened by green dragofly success, I decided we needed to go to Richland Creek to see what could be photographed. Answer: lots of bare rock.

The creek is in a bleak state these days. (So much so that we had to go to the river to find water to swim in but that's a blog for another day.) Usually this stretch of creek is knee deep and the hollow tree the boys are posing on below is at least half under water. But I did find a new flower, which I'm still trying to identify. Along with it, I also found the other 25% of the poison ivy in the world; that is the portion not growing in the fields around the pond behind our house. Call me rash, but I just love poison ivy. Hardy har har.
And now, if there are any small children in the audience, you may want to have them leave the room. The last picture is just for adult eyes....
 

Wild damselfly love!






No comments: