Saturday, February 09, 2013

Funny Things Pearsons Say

I've about collected enough of my boys' witticisms for another of these.

I was trying to shove Charlie's snow boot on. This never works very well when he isn't making an effort to apply counter thrust. His boot sort of flew off and almost landed on his other leg, just above the heel. "Hey!" he said, "You almost hit me in the intestine!" (Doubtless, he meant Achilles.)

The boys were "eating" their dinner, which involves, as with most little boys, a lot of pushing food around their plates. Joe had finished, and was going in and out the door carrying loads of firewood, (Yes, we live in Kentucky. Contain yourselves.) so he was far enough from the table that he didn't hear me correctly when I said, "Would you eat, you goobers!?"
He turned to me and inquired, quite dryly, "Did you just tell them to eat their boogers?"

Abraham was running around the living room, jumping from couch to couch, which obviously resulted in my yelling that "This house is not a jungle gym!"
Leaping into the kitchen, he replied, "But I'm a jinja!"

Charlie was watching "Lilo and Stitch," and he apparently has a tenuous grasp on reality, because he turned to me and quite sincerely declared, "Everyone in Hawaii looks like a moron!"

No comments: